Click to listen:
Thank you to all those who support the podcast
-Barknknit Zazzle store.
Our Christmas Stockings club is open for signups until the end of October. This is a special one-time shipment club with lots of christmasy goodies, your choice of red or green Gradiance yarn and pattern for either a Christmas stocking to hang on the mantel or Christmasy stockings to wear on your legs!
This episode is sponsored in part by NH Knitting Mama. Come celebrate Halloween by picking up one of the "Treat Bags" - which have yarn and goodies, or just goodies - you pick! There are a limited amount so be sure to head over and get yours! Right now all orders over $100 get a free gift...
UrbanGypZ Artisan Yarns has hand spun and hand dyed artisan yarns and fibers. Find them at urbangypz.com. And if you are going to SAFF find UrbanGypZ booth which has been moved. it is actually now in the main arena on the upper mezzanine, booth 21 B.. Come by and see the new base fibers and luxe yarns premiering
Rescued: Julie’s Pepper
Doggie bit: The Recall Game
- two people in separate rooms
- call the dog and treat them when they come
- advanced have them sit in front of you before giving them the treat.
- don’t forget to praise praise praise and happy voice.
- iPhone Mitts by Julie Ridl in Shelby B's Designs 100% Superwash Merino Ginny Weasley colorway
- Barknknit raising squares using Barn Raising Quilt by Shelley Mackie & Larissa Brown and sock leftovers
- Easy Peasy Newborn Sock Hat by Keri McKiernan in Arucania Ranco in Red 105 colorway
- The Subtle Stripe by Lara Killian using Knitpicks Shine worsted.
- Vanilla Socks ala Knitmore Girls in Madelinetosh Tosh Sock in Tart Colorway
Forgot to mention but will talk about next podcast
- Star Crossed Slouchy Beret by Natalie Larson using Malabrigo Worsted in Polar Morn.
- take pictures of all your WIPs at this point
- post these pictures and details of projects to your blog
- leave a comment on my WIP blog post that is on my person blog at barknknit.blogspot.com not my shownotes page with link to your post by Oct 31st or email link to me.
- My Float
I will then post a blog post around Nov 1st with all the links to the blogs and pick a winner or winners depending on how many prizes I can come up with on my blog. If you want to donate a prize contact me.
Stick training: none.
Being open to seaming
- lots of comments about it helping a sweater hold it’s shape.
Chasing my tail: inspiration patterns
- Effortless Cardigan
- Paw Print Christmas Stocking
- Dog Bone Christmas Stocking
Spinning: There has been none.
- Surfer Girl’s powder puff game
- slipped and was sore a couple days
- new awesome comfy shoes with rubber soles.
- Rays in the post season equals traffic and lots of fans coming out of the woodworks.
- Organized baby’s room. No longer looks like a storage room
- Saturday KIPing in the wild: went to get my tire fixed and car cleaned.
- doctor’s visit. scheduled all my apts until my due date. 5 more left! So crazy!
- Dawn from Wolfe farms sent a prize
Rhinebeck - I’m not going but Sydneyknits and many other podcasters are. Her meet n greet with other podcasters is at October 17 at noon rhinebeck grassy knoll see http://www.ravelry.com/events/rhinebeck-meet-and-greet
I'll have amazing goody bags and a grand prize raffle. I will also
have goody bags for listeners to win who could not attend the event. Knakedknits.com
Dog Park: Sydneyknits from Knakedknits podcast and I are going to do a virtual knitting group on Oct 26th at 8:30 pm. If you wish to join, please befriend me or her on Stickam.com.
Treat of the week: New comfy house shoes.
Thank you listeners.
Thank you The Unique Sheep
Thank you NHKnittingMama
Thank you UrbanGypZ
Please feel free to email me at gnat(at)barknknit(dot)com, or leave a message in the show notes. Or please leave a review on Itunes.
You can also find me on:
Facebook Fan Page