Thank you to all those who support the podcast
-Zazzle Store with new logo! Barknknit Zazzle store.
We have a new club to announce—Through the Looking Glass! Its our next lace knitalong and it will be a Faroese shawl in fingering weight yarn with the option of nupps or beads. Find out more and sign up on our website.
UrbanGypZ Artisan Yarns has hand spun and hand dyed artisan yarns and fibers. Find them at urbangypz.com. And if you are going to SAFF find UrbanGypZ booth which has been moved. it is actually now in the main arena on the upper mezzanine, booth 21 B.. Come by and see the new base fibers and luxe yarns premiering.Rescued: Lisa’s Haley
Doggie bit: Halloween stencils
- http://www.bhg.com/holidays/halloween/pumpkin-carving/pumpkin-carving-stencils-of-favorite-dogs/ - more information about anal glad expressions
-iPhone Mitts by Julie Ridl in Shelby B's Designs 100% Superwash Merino Ginny Weasley colorway
- barknknit raising squares
- Easy Peasy Newborn Sock Hat by Keri McKiernan in Arucania Ranco in Red colorway
- The Subtle Stripe by Lara Killian
- Star Crossed Slouchy Beret by Natalie Larson in Malabrigo Worsted in Polar Morn-
- Lady Kina by Muriel Agator in handspun cabled yarn
Off needles:- Maile Sweater by Nikki Van De Car using NHKnittingmama Fitzwilliam yarn base in Punchy Pink
Blog Contest: Barknknit WIP Parade!
- to enter:
-take pictures of all your WIPs at this point
-post these pictures and details of projects to your blog
-leave a comment on my WIP blog post that is going to be on my person blog at barknknit.blogspot.com not my shownotes page with link to your post by Oct 31st or email link to me.
I will then post a blog post around Nov 1st with all the links to the blogs and pick a winner or winners depending on how many prizes I can come up with on my blog. If you want to donate a prize contact me.
Chasing my tail: inspiration patterns
- Plum Frost Pullover & Cardigan by Elinor Brown
- Lady Kina by Muriel Agator
Off the bobbins:- brown merino singles, white cormo combed top singles, white Corriedale singles cabled yarn
- blog post about cabled yarn-corriedale fleece clean!!
- baby and I are doing great, growing, moving all the time.
- sick and OB apt with glucose test which passed
- need to take off my rings
- day care picked dog lady
- everyone going back to work
-Festival of Arts
-Surprise Baby Shower
-Dress shopping for SIL’s wedding.
-Primanti Bros and LYS Natural Stitches on way to airport- work
- Manda knitting baby shower
On the Road: Florida Fiber In
- Sept 17-19
- had a blast!
- friday: vendors and hung out spinning
- saturday: vendors, demos, meet n greet, dinner with a bunch of ladies, business meeting, then hung out and spun
- sunday: vendors packing up, hung out and spun, also garage sale
Goodie Bags from Fiber In:
- links to come.
-To win goodie bag leave comment on shownotes page, ravelry group or on Itunes.
Treat of the week: NEW COMPUTER!
Thank you listeners.
Thank you The Unique Sheep
Thank you NH Knitting Mama
Thank you UrbanGypZ
Please feel free to email me at gnat(at)barknknit(dot)com, or leave a message in the show notes. Or please leave a review on Itunes.
You can also find me on:
Facebook Fan Page
Happy Dog Training, Knitting, and Spinning!